Help for LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  April 2012

LIS-LINK April 2012

Re: Location of OPAC within an organisation's website

Jo Richler <[log in to unmask]>

Jo Richler <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:19:25 +0100

Hi Karen

As part of my consultancy with Sunderland College, I reviewed the old Library Service's webpages and facilitated the rebranding, redesign and most importantly, the relocation of the new Information and Learning Services webpages.  If you log on to Sunderland College's webpage www.citysun.ac.uk, you will see a tab at the top, Information and Learning Services ...next click is on the left side of the screen - Library Catalogue.  Our website team are collating evidence of user hits on these two pages , both internally and externally.  As the College has never gathered this data, we are setting new benchmarks.  What we have found is that students and staff appreciate the ease of access and  have offered  positive feedback and evidence of this in our Induction for Success workshops.

Best wishes

Jo

Jo Richler BA Hons MSc PGCert Ed FLPI
Lead Consultant