Re: IP and ATHENS authentication

Sandra Tury <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:56:48 +0000

IP will always take precedent!
Sandra

-----Original Message-----
From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alex Birchall
Sent: 20 April 2012 10:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [lis-e-resources] IP and ATHENS authentication

I would have thought that IP authentication takes precedence.  If a database host detects a request coming from an authorised IP address, then they probably will not bother to challenge the originator of the request for Athens credentials.  That is what our experience here at Middlesex suggests, anyway.

Alexander J Birchall
Library Systems Manager
Middlesex University
The Sheppard Library