Help for LIS-ARLG-LONDONANDSOUTHEAST Archives

LIS-ARLG-LONDONANDSOUTHEAST Archives

LIS-ARLG-LONDONANDSOUTHEAST Archives

LIS-ARLG-LONDONANDSOUTHEAST@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-ARLG-LONDONANDSOUTHEAST Home

LIS-ARLG-LONDONANDSOUTHEAST Home

LIS-ARLG-LONDONANDSOUTHEAST  April 2012

LIS-ARLG-LONDONANDSOUTHEAST April 2012

Information Services Group (London and South East Section) visits information

Vicky Robertson <[log in to unmask]>

Vicky Robertson <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:11:19 +0100

CILIP Information Services Group (London and South East Section) have arranged the following visits listed below - if you are interested in attending any, please contact Alan Power.  His contact details are listed at the end of the information below.

Thanks very much

Vicky Robertson
(Chair of ARLG London and South East Region)

British Olympics Archive Collection at the University of East London on Tuesday May 15th, starting at 2pm
The Docklands Campus of the University of East London is an exciting new building, worth a visit in its own right.  The Library there has great views of recent Docklands developments and also currently houses the archives of the British Olympic Association from 1906, including all the material relating to the London Olympics of 1908, 1948 and 2012.  Holdings include press coverage, biographies of the UK sports champions, programmes and materials relating to the construction of the new national stadium

All England Lawn Tennis Club Library at Wimbledon on Wednesday June 6th, starting at 2.30pm
The Kenneth Ritchie Wimbledon Library is part of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum, and contains an outstanding collection of British and foreign lawn tennis books, annuals, periodicals, programmes, newspapers cuttings, dvds, etc.  Our tour will cover the library only and is free of charge; the museum will be open on that day from 10am to 4.30pm, but, if you want to look around before the library begins, normal admission fees will be charged - £11 adults, and £9.50 concessions.  (There will not be time to look around the museum after our library tour).  The main café is likely to be closed in preparation for the Championships, but light snacks will be available - I can confirm this later.

For any further details, or to book a place, please contact me.

Alan Power
Visits Secretary, ISG L&SE
Tel: 08452 30 31 32
Email: [log in to unmask]