Help for ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS Archives

ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS Archives

ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS Home

ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS  April 2012

ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS April 2012

Next Apply event: Thursday 19th April 2012

Rachael Gooberman-Hill <[log in to unmask]>

Rachael Gooberman-Hill <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Apr 2012 23:05:47 +0100

*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *

Dear all

The next meeting of Apply - the ASA network for Applied Anthropologists -
will be this Thursday 19th April 2012, 6 pm-8 pm. We are meeting at the
Royal Anthropological Institute, 50 Fitzroy Street, London, W1T 5BT.
Directions are here: <http://www.therai.org.uk/contact-us/contact-us/>.
Please contact me, NOT the RAI if you have any queries.

At these meetings we like to discuss activities of the network as well as
spend some time focusing on a particular topic. The topic this time will be
'using the new ASA ethical guidelines in applied anthropology'. The rough
aims are to:

- foster discussion about using the recently amended ASA ethical guidelines
in applied / engaged anthropology
- talk about how we might use the guidelines in our daily work
- exchange ideas about use of other ethics guidelines that we use

You can find the ASA ethical guidelines as a downloadable pdf here:
<http://www.theasa.org/ethics.shtml>

All anthropologists with an interest in Applied / Engaged Anthropology are
very welcome to attend. I would ask though that you please let me know if
you are coming so that we have an idea of numbers.

As usual, if you are part of the Apply network and would like to organise
events or gatherings elsewhere, please do let me know and we'll be happy to
help arrange and publicise, also please let me know if you want to take
part in a test of Skype for future meetings.

All the best

Rachael Gooberman-Hill

----------------------
Rachael Gooberman-Hill