AAHPN April 2012

Some bits

Adam Oliver <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 Apr 2012 17:52:23 +0100

Hi

The following might interest you, which seems to show, in a poll
undertaken by our colleagues at the King's Fund, that GPs are giving an
increasing thumbs down to the NHS reforms (or thumbs up if you take the
anachronistic meaning of thumbs up, which meant death, but I digress).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17604351

I thought the King's Fund were generally supporting the reform effort,
but maybe I'm wrong (and will no doubt be corrected), and that's by the
by anyway.

Or, you might be interested in this recent BBC lecture at the LSE by
Michael Sandel:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01f5lcg/The_Public_Philosopher_Sho
uld_universities_give_preference_to_applicants_from_poor_backgrounds/

I went to two of his three lectures here, and was very much underwhelmed
(maybe I'm too demanding). They were meant to be Socratic dialogues, but
felt more like undergraduate focus groups. Anyway, see what you think,
if you're interested.

Best,
Adam