MCG March 2012

Re: Museum visitor statistics

Melissa Terras <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:13:57 +0100

Just to say I lodged an FOI with DCMS to get the museums stats. I see
that they've ignored this before and said that they didnt collect the data
(http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/website_statistics_for_museum_we#comment-2793)
so we will see - I will report back to the list if anything comes of it.

Just out of interest, can anyone point me to the report/forms/demand
that explains how and when DCMS want stat data from museums? There must
be something official written down somewhere about this - or is this
individual correspondence to each museum?

Melissa

On 06/03/2012 00:23, Arran Bevington-King wrote:
> So I have just looked at the main site and can see that many people have replied to my post, there is obviously lots for me to learn about how this site works so please accept my appologies for not acknowledging you all, however i shall read through and look at each message in turn and thank you all sincierly.
>
> regards
> Arran

>         website:  http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/
>         Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg
>        Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup
>   [un]subscribe:  http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/

Melissa M. Terras MA MSc DPhil CLTHE CITP FHEA
Co-Director, UCL Centre for Digital Humanities
Reader in Electronic Communication
Department of Information Studies
Foster Court
University College London
Gower Street
WC1E 6BT

Tel: 020-7679-7206 (direct), 020-7679-7204 (dept), 020-7383-0557 (fax)
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/infostudies/melissa-terras/
Blog: http://melissaterras.blogspot.com/

General Editor, Digital Humanities Quarterly: http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/