Closing date: Friday, March 30, 2012
Job Ref#: 12/03/DS
Allstate Insurance Company is the largest publicly-held personal lines insurance company in America and generated over $31 billion dollars in revenue over the 2010 business year. Allstate Northern Ireland (ANI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Allstate with over 2000 employees working in N. Ireland.
We have opportunities for creative data scientists to use machine learning, statistics, data mining, and analytical skills to influence the decision making of a Fortune 100 company. The Quantitative Research & Analytics (QRA) team is responsible for identifying and developing pricing opportunities to generate profitable market-share growth.
The QRA team offers the perfect combination of research-based projects and solving critical business problems analytically. We use a wide range of modeling tools and algorithms to build sophisticated customer pricing, economic and fraud models in order to gain actionable insights into the insurance industry.
QRA currently has multiple openings, from entry-level to experienced predictive modelers and candidates will be considered for the position that best matches their skills and experience.
· Creating and/or contributing to best-in-class predictive models taking into account business constraints.
· Helping to shape best practices around application of statistical modeling.
· Leading and/or implementing to projects that yield actionable insights the business can use to increase customer satisfaction, policy growth and retention, and loss experience
. 1+ years of experience in a predictive modeling/data scientist role which can be gained either commercially or via a PhD.
· Quantitative Degree such as Computer Science, Maths, Statistics, or related field.
· Excellent computer skills, including strong programming skills in any language.
· Experience using different learning algorithms (for example: Boosting, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, SVM, Bayesian Methods, Random Forests, Ensemble techniques, etc.).
· Ability to concentrate on loosely defined problems which require application of creative approaches.
· Ability to transfer knowledge to a variety of audience.
· Applicants must be either EU citizens or possess a UK work visa (Tier 1) which entitles the holder to take up full time & permanent employment.
Understanding of algorithmic complexity and scaling of run time and memory usage with larger datasets
· Solid knowledge linear algebra and convex optimization techniques.
· Masters / PhD
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity at our Belfast office then please email your CV to [log in to unmask] and state the job title, reference number in the subject line of your email. You will be forwarded an application form to complete as part of the recruitment process.
The closing date for this opportunity is Friday, 30th March 2012.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.