PYGYWG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PYGYWG Home

PYGYWG  March 2012

PYGYWG March 2012

Re: Away Weekend Reminder

Sam Staddon <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion list on participatory geographies <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:56:30 +0100

Hi Sophie,

I'm not sure you'll remember me, but we met on a pygywyg away weekend
in the Peaks about 4 (?) years ago. We spent alot of time talking as
we walked up the hill to those lovely crags. It's great to know you're
still so involved in it all.

I've just seen an advert for a post-doc at Aberystwyth and wondered if
you had any thoughts/advice on it? (I've copied in the advert below)
I'm assuming you love the place seeing as you've stayed on there??

Having taken time off in the last 3 years to have kids, I'm just
looking for work now and would love to do a post-doc, although there's
not so many around and this one loks particularly interesting.

Cheers!
Sam

N.B. I work Tuesdays and Fridays
--
Samantha Staddon
Course Organiser - Political Ecology

www.geos.ed.ac.uk/homes/s0566090

--
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Human Geography (Fixed Term 24 months)
Institute of Geography and Earth Science (Ref GE.12.05 08/03/2012)

Grade 7: 31,020 - 35,938 per annum

We are seeking a social scientist to develop research in the broad
field of human responses to climate change. The successful applicant
will join the New Political Geographies Research Group in the
Institute of Geography and Earth Sciences at Aberystwyth University.
He/she will be assigned to the ?Hazard Evaluation, Mitigation and
Adaptation? and ?Welsh Dimension of Climate Change? components of the
Climate Change Consortium of Wales (C3W),a 4m collaboration between
Aberystwyth, Bangor, Cardiff and Swansea Universities. In addition to
research, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to
undertake a limited amount of teaching at undergraduate and
postgraduate level. He/she will also be required to participate in
wider outreach activities.

The post is for a fixed term period of 24 months starting in June 2012
or as soon as possible thereafter. For informal discussion please
contact Dr Mark Whitehead (Email: [log in to unmask] Tel: 01970 622609) or
Professor Rhys Jones (Email: [log in to unmask] Tel: 10970 622594).
Ref: GE.12.05 Closing date: 5 April 2012

NOTE: Please put the post reference on the front of your envelope and
on your application form.
Completed Applications Forms should be signed and returned to the
Human Resources Recruitment Team by e-mail, fax or post.
Bilingual Institution which operates a Welsh Language scheme.
Committed to Equal Opportunities.
Operations Team: [log in to unmask] / Tel: 01970 628555 / Fax: 01970
622975 For information and application forms please go to
www.aber.ac.uk/hr
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR APPLICATION WILL ONLY BE ACKNOWLEDGED IF YOU
PROVIDE A STAMPED ADDRESSED ENVELOPE. APPOINTMENTS ARE NORMALLY MADE
WITHIN 4-6 WEEKS OF THE CLOSING DATE. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A
COMMUNICATION FROM THE UNIVERSITY BY THAT DATE YOU MAY ASSUME THAT
YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT BEING FURTHER CONSIDERED AND NO OTHER
COMMUNICATION WILL BE SENT.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.