Help for PUBLISHER-ANNOUNCEMENTS Archives

PUBLISHER-ANNOUNCEMENTS Archives

PUBLISHER-ANNOUNCEMENTS Archives

PUBLISHER-ANNOUNCEMENTS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PUBLISHER-ANNOUNCEMENTS Home

PUBLISHER-ANNOUNCEMENTS Home

PUBLISHER-ANNOUNCEMENTS  March 2012

PUBLISHER-ANNOUNCEMENTS March 2012

UK Federation metadata file issue

Mark Williams <[log in to unmask]>

Mark Williams <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 11:28:23 +0000

UK Federation metadata file issue

Yesterday (Monday March 13th, 2012) we identified an issue where some of the UK federation metadata servers were serving an expired version of the metadata file. This issue has now been resolved, but some entities, service providers in particular, may still have cached copies of the invalid metadata.

We recommend that SP operators refresh the SP's copy of the federation metadata immediately and check their logs for residual problems. IdPs experiencing authentication problems with SPs are advised to contact the SP operator in the first instance. Would IdP and SP operators experiencing continued problems please contact the UK Federation support team:

Email: [log in to unmask]

Regards

Mark

Mark Williams