LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Monospaced Font

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  March 2012

LIS-E-RESOURCES March 2012

Re: Electronic resource apps

Ken Chad <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:05:53 +0100

It great to see these very useful comments and links to resources. I think
it would be great to share this information more widely and suggest SCONUL's
Higher Education Library Technology (HELibTech) http://helibtech.com/ wiki
might be a tool to help. It already has a 'mobile' page
http://helibtech.com/Mobile+Computing which has some useful information and
links but could do with some improvement along the lines of what we did
recently for 'Discovery services' http://helibtech.com/Discovery

HELibTech is a free resource open to all. It is supported by SCONUL. No log
in or sign up is required to view, discuss or download the information.
Anyone can *edit* it (to do that you do need to 'join') ....so do feel free
to add resources.

we chose Wikispaces as a platform as it is one of the easiest wiki's to
edit. If anyone would like to help please do. Also if you have any comments,
criticisms or suggestions let us know. We recently established a small group
of volunteer editors and will do what we can to improve the 'mobile' page
too. If anyone wants to join the editors group we'd love to have you! Drop
me a line or call me if you are interested.

Very best
Ken
Ken Chad Consulting Ltd
Tel +44 (0)7788 727 845. Email: [log in to unmask]
www.kenchadconsulting.com
Skype: kenchadconsulting Twitter: @KenChad