Network Autism

Daniel Aherne <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:49:54 +0100

Hi All,

The National Autistic Society have recently created a new website called Network Autism which is a fantastic new way of collaborating, sharing and engaging with other professionals both within your own sector and across others. This exciting resource will allow you to have open and closed discussions, set up special interest groups and take advantage and contribute to a library of wonderful resources.

Network Autism offers the opportunity to:

read the latest research, good practice, case studies and personal insight
post questions and queries to gain the support and guidance of your fellow professionals
set up your own open or closed groups for internal and external networking
post documents within your groups for your fellow professionals
share your own expertise with the community by submitting your own good practice, resources, case studies and personal experience

See: http://network.autism.org.uk/welcome - you will need to open an account if you are interested in joining. We will be creating specific groups and discussion forums and it would be really good if you would want to be involved and have regular input.

There is a group specifically aimed at users of this dis -forum called  "HE/FE Professionals" which will be relevant for you to join.

We will also be setting up closed groups for those who attend our training sessions to encourage further development and sharing of resources. This will act as an extension of the training sessions.

I think it is a very exciting (free) resource that will help support all of us in our work and ultimately benefit those with Autism.

Daniel Aherne
Student and Graduate Team
National Autistic Society
0207-704-7450