Help for BSA-BOURDIEU-STUDY-GROUP Archives

BSA-BOURDIEU-STUDY-GROUP Archives

BSA-BOURDIEU-STUDY-GROUP Archives

BSA-BOURDIEU-STUDY-GROUP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BSA-BOURDIEU-STUDY-GROUP Home

BSA-BOURDIEU-STUDY-GROUP Home

BSA-BOURDIEU-STUDY-GROUP  March 2012

BSA-BOURDIEU-STUDY-GROUP March 2012

Prof. Derek Robbins on the influence of Bourdieu and educational aspiration and class

Jenny Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>

Jenny Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:10:56 +0100

Dear All,

We have a few new members from the Social Class and Educational Aspirations conference that was held last week.

Two of our members were the key note speakers at the conference: Dr Nicola Ingram and Prof. Derek Robbins. So thank you to them for giving great talks. UEL also produced a short video of Prof. Derek Robbins talking about the influence of Bourdieu and educational aspiration and class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggbATdJt-eg&feature=share

We look forward to seeing some of you at the forthcoming BSA annual conference in Leeds. We will be having our first study group meeting on Friday 13th April during lunch.

Best wishes, Jenny