Pricing Consultant – Salary is negotiable - South East
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a leading Financial Services provider
Role & Responsibilities
• As you will be applying statistical principles to general insurance you’ll ideally have knowledge of actuarial / statistical/pricing techniques, as well as proven data handling skills and a strong mathematical ability
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, as this role will include forming and maintaining strong relationships with external clients
• Gathering required data (qualitative and quantitative) for analytical and/or modelling purposes, from agreed internal and/or external sources, in line with all mandatory data management, reporting and legal/regulatory requirements.
• Cleaning and validating information collected to ensure accuracy and reliability, as far as possible.
• Running required calculations, models and analyses using relevant data systems and/or spreadsheets and following agreed processes, policies and procedures.
• Set price points and strategies, often liaising with customers in order to do this
• Help coordinate the system delivery of these price points and strategies
• Meeting external clients to discuss their requirements, and presenting back a variety of options to fit their needs
Experience & Skills
• Degree in mathematics, economics, statistics or similar ( or have relevant work experience )
• Working knowledge of SAS is essential.
• Strong statistical modelling skills a clear advantage.
• Good commercial awareness and general understanding of the wider financial services market
• Can combine technical expertise with business knowledge to extrapolate insights from complex or limited data
• Strong data analysis, communication and relationship management skills
• The ability to find practical solutions to complex issues
If you fit the above job description and hold full EU working rights please contact Roisin McCarthy on 01256 314 660
Or email her on [log in to unmask]
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.