STATISTICAL PRACTICE IN EPIDEMIOLOGY USING R
Pärnu, Estonia, Friday 25 to Wednesday 30 May 2012.
The course is intended for epidemiologists and statisticians who wish to use R (www.r-project.org) for statistical modelling and analysis of epidemiological data. The aim of the course is to give participants access to a set of tools in current use by statisticians in epidemiology. The course requires some understanding of statistical principles and some familiarity with epidemiologicalconcepts and study types.
The course will be mainly practically oriented with more than half the time at the computer.
* History of R. Language. Objects. Functions.
* Interface to other data formats. Data frames.
* Tabulation of data.
* Logistic regression for case-control-studies.
* Poisson regression for follow-up studies.
* Causal inference.
* Parametrization of models.
* Graphics in R.
* Graphical reporting of results.
* Time-splitting & Standardized Mortality Ratios.
* Survival analysis and competing risks.
* Multi-state models.
* Nested and matched case-control studies.
* Case-cohort studies.
Venue: Strand Hotel, Pärnu, Estonia
Price: 900/750 EUR (single / shared double room) Includes course material, accommodation, lunches, but NOT dinners.
The course is a self-supporting entity, and there are NO grants or stipends available for travel or participation.
Deadline for application: 1st April 2012.
Application: See website.
Information to applicants will be given by e-mail shortly after the deadline.
Further information at: http://BendixCarstensen.com/SPE
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.