UCL Partners Biostatistics Network Symposium on Contemporary Statistical Methods in Medical Research
The Second Biostatistics Network Symposium on Contemporary Statistical Methods for Medical Research will take place on Thursday 18th October 2012 in the Kennedy Lecture Theatre, UCL Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH. Please visit the Symposium webpage for latest updates http://www.ucl.ac.uk/statistics/biostatistics/symposium2012.
Everybody is welcome, but registration is required and a £15 fee will be charged to non-UCL members. As the number of places available is limited, please register at your earliest convenience.
The Symposium will have three themed sessions. Invited speakers
- Nonparametric and Robust Methods in Medical Research: Professor Adrian Bowman (University of Glasgow) and Dr Alessio Farcomeni (University of Rome - La Sapienza)
- Infectious Disease Modelling: Professor Christl Donnelly (Imperial College London) and Dr Anne Presanis (MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge)
- Statistical Methods for Physical Activity Data: Professor Murray Smith (University of Nottingham) and Mr Francesco Sera (University College London )
Title and schedule of the talks are yet to be confirmed. The Symposium will start at 9.30 and close at 16.00 with coffee break at 11.15 and lunch at 13.15.
Submissions for contributed posters are currently welcomed on any topic related to statistics in medical research. Abstracts should:
- not exceed one A4 page
- be sent as an e-mail attachment (text or pdf) in a file named as 'lastname_BNS2012'
- have the following content: title, authors and affiliation, abstract.
The deadline for submissions is 25 May. There will be prizes for the best posters.
For registration, poster abstract submission and further information please send an e-mail to
Dr Marco Geraci <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.