TB-SUPPORT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

TB-SUPPORT Home

TB-SUPPORT  February 2012

TB-SUPPORT February 2012

Re: Squid Usage, Sharing, and Failovers

John Bland <[log in to unmask]>

Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Feb 2012 15:00:03 +0000

Not very often, only when the machine is rebooted or it hits a disk filling
up or similar innocuous problem. It just seems inefficient to wipe your
whole software cache when you do happen to do it. Offset by the efficiency
of sharing squids, I suppose, but it's hardly ideal.

Why does Frontier squid wipe its cache anyway? If it's happy to have a stale
cache for months on end why not just leave it alone?

John