BRITARCH February 2012

Model Round House

Merryn Dineley <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:32:59 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Merryn Dineley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 14 February 2012 12:30
Subject: Re: [BRITARCH] Model Round House
To: John Wood <[log in to unmask]>

Tomb of the Eagles, Visitor Centre, South Ronaldsay, Orkney, has a model.
It is a possible reconstruction of a Burnt Mound building, Bronze Age -
with a trough in the middle of it. Were these structures roofed? Up for
debate, but the model is lovely. Good pictures of it in the New Guide Book.
Contact them for details, they are easy to find on the internet.

hope this helps, Merryn