JISC-GECO  February 2012

JISC-GECO February 2012

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

New Event: "Geospatial” in the Cultural Heritage domain, past, present and future - London, 7th March 2012

Nicola Osborne <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion list for the GECO project and those interested in geo issues <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:07:54 +0000

text/plain

We are very excited to announce that bookings are now open for the next JISC GECO workshop!

"Geospatial in the  Cultural Heritage domain, past, present and future" (#geocult) , taking place on Wednesday 7th March 2012 in London,  will be an opportunity to explore how digitised cultural heritage content can be exploited through geographical approaches and the types of tools and techniques that can be used with geo-referenced/geotagged content.

Issues we are keen to discuss include selection of maps/materials, issues of accuracy and precision, staff and technical requirements, sustainability, licensing.

The event will take place at Maughan Library, Chancery Lane, part of Kings College London. We are most grateful to the lovely people at the KCL Centre for e-Research for securing us this super location.

We are currently confirming the last few speakers and titles for talks and we will post finalised details on the JISC GECO blog (http://geco.blogs.edina.ac.uk/) as well as sending out an update on this list.

However we already have a great draft schedule and some fantastic speakers confirmed so this promises to be a fascinating and stimulating day of talks and breakout sessions.

As we are sharing details of this event at pretty short notice we would be particularly grateful if you could book your place as soon as possible and please do tell your colleagues and friends who may be interested!

Book your free place now via our Eventbrite page:  http://geocult.eventbrite.com/

If you would like to propose any additional talks or ask any questions about the event please email the JISC GECO team via:  [log in to unmask]

We hope to see you there!

Nicola Osborne
JISC GECO Project Officer

--