Help for GEM Archives

GEM Archives

GEM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

GEM Home

GEM  February 2012

GEM February 2012

Free CPD opportunity in Parliament, July 2012

"BYFORD, Sophie" <[log in to unmask]>

BYFORD, Sophie

Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:53:19 +0000

Dear all,

Please find below details of the annual Teachers' Institute scheme run by the Outreach Team at Parliament's Education Service.  It is open to education professionals from all backgrounds as well as classroom teachers; if you want to learn about Parliament in depth, with a view to taking this knowledge and experience back to your relevant organisation or institution, applications are welcome!

Deadline for applications is Friday 23rd March - all applicants will be informed as to the outcome of their applications by Friday 30th March.

Teachers' Institute
2nd- 6th July 2012
Houses of Parliament, London

The Teachers' Institute is a unique professional development opportunity, allowing education professionals to experience an intensive, informative and unforgettable week based at the Houses of Parliament.

The programme is entirely free of charge, and gives teachers first-hand experience of Parliament in action, an opportunity to share their expertise and knowledge, and time to explore teaching ideas for the classroom.

'An incredible opportunity for teachers at all levels of experience... The more I learned, the more I wanted to learn.  I would recommend it to anyone!' Delegate, 2011

To find out more or to apply, call the Education Outreach Team on 0207 219 1134 or visit http://www.parliament.uk/education/in-your-school/teachers-institute/
Deadline for applications is Friday 23rd March 2012

Sophie Byford | Education Outreach Officer
Education Service | Houses of Parliament | London | SW1A 2TT
T: 0207 219 1152
E: [log in to unmask]
The Education Service works with schools and Members of both Houses to support young people in developing their understanding of Parliament and democracy. Visit our website at www.parliament.uk/education<http://www.parliament.uk/education> or subscribe to our e-newsletter<http://www.parliament.uk/education/newsletter/> to keep up to date with our free activities, events and resources.

UK Parliament Disclaimer:
This e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. This e-mail has been checked for viruses, but no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.