BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Monospaced Font

BRITARCH Home

BRITARCH  February 2012

BRITARCH February 2012

Festival of British Archaeology 2012 - Registrer Now

Rachel Mort <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:32:22 -0000

Good Afternoon,

CBA FESTIVAL OF BRITISH ARCHAEOLOGY: 14 -29 July 2012

Dear Colleague,

The CBA is pleased to invite you to take part in the only annual UK-wide celebration of archaeology!

Last year the festival was a great success and we wish to build upon that in 2012! The CBA Festival of British Archaeology exists to give everyone opportunities to find out more about their past by taking part in specially organised events during the Festival fortnight and we hope as a valued colleague that you can join in again this year by organising an event(s)!

Festival events can cover whatever period, topic, or theme that you feel is appropriate and can be held wherever you'd like. And it's FREE to take part! Holding an event during this special fortnight presents an excellent opportunity for you to promote your work, engage with your local communities and help everyone to engage with archaeology and the wider historic environment. So why not get involved? The Festival takes place between 14 - 29 July 2012.

The Festival is co-ordinated by the Council for British Archaeology (CBA) and is entirely reliant on the participation and support of heritage groups, societies and organisations around the UK.

To download information and details on the following::

* Participation Guidelines
* Further information about the Festival
* Event ideas and information

Please visit www.festival.britarch.ac.uk/organiser/register where downloadable PDFs and Word docs are available.

It is now easier than ever to register an event.!

Just register directly online here: www.archaeologyfestival.org.uk/register

Please register by 23/03/12

If you wish to discuss the Festival in more detail, or if you are interested in finding out more about the CBA, please do not hesitate to contact me. Further details can also be found at www.archaeologyfestival.org.uk.

We do hope you will join us in celebrating the CBA Festival of British Archaeology 2012 and look forward to receiving details of your event(s). If this letter is not relevant to you, please do pass it on to your colleagues.

Thank you very much!

Kind Regards,

Rachel

Rachel Mort

Project Officer

Tel: 01904 671417

The Council for British Archaeology,

St Mary's House, 66 Bootham, York, YO30 7BZ, United Kingdom.

Company Limited by Guarantee (1760254).

The CBA is a registered charity in England and Wales (287815) and a charity registered in Scotland (SC041971).

**CBA FESTIVAL OF BRITISH ARCHAEOLOGY 2012 ~ 14th - 29th July ~ Archaeology for all!**

Are you organising an event as part of this annual 2 week extravaganza? Contact the CBA for more information.