Help for MINING-HISTORY Archives

MINING-HISTORY Archives

mining-history@jiscmail.ac.uk

MINING-HISTORY Home

MINING-HISTORY  January 2012

MINING-HISTORY January 2012

Re: Capper Pass & Crowndale Smelting Works

Rick Stewart <[log in to unmask]>

Rick Stewart <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:45:27 +0000

The Von Oyenhausen and Von Decken reference:

"The Wheal Crebor copper mine lies 2 miles Engl. south of Tavistock in Devonshire.  The Tavistock Canal, completed 9 years ago, which connects the Tavy with the Tamar, goes past this mine; as well as the Crowndale mine, which is 1 mile south of Tavistock, and where there is a coke oven and a tin - smelting furnace."

Rick Stewart