MCG January 2012

Re: Storing and re-using UGC.

Kate Woodall <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:37:40 +1300

Hi Christine

Good to have great examples of UGC material being used in exhibitions.

Thanks

Kate

Kate Woodall | Snr Concept Developer Digital Projects
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa |
PO Box 467 | Cable Street | Wellington
Direct Dial: +64 4 3817079

-----Original Message-----
From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christine McLean
Sent: Thursday, 12 January 2012 9:51 p.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Storing and re-using UGC.

Hi Kate - a few years ago, I worked on a film project One Nation, Five Million Voices for a new gallery of Scotland: A Changing Nation (20th-21st century) here at the National Museum of Scotland.  Participants were drawn from our various community, professional and some business and celebrity contacts, all responding to prompts about Scottish culture, identity, characteristics, words, etc.

The film was then used to create an adult learning resource, specifically for people for whom English (Scots!) was a second language. You should be able to access both the film and the resource on our website here:
http://www.nms.ac.uk/our_museums/national_museum/things_to_see_and_do/scotland_a_changing_nation/one_nation_five_million_voices.aspx

hope this helps,
Does Claire Nodder still work at Te Papa Tongarewa?

Christine McLean
Community Engagement Manager
Public Programmes - Learning & Programmes
National Museums Scotland
Chambers Street
Edinburgh EH1 1JF
Tel:  +44 (0) 131 247 4199