The Disability-Research Discussion List

Managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds

Help for DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Home

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Home

DISABILITY-RESEARCH  January 2012

DISABILITY-RESEARCH January 2012

The Cambridge Book of Qualitative Research in Intellectual Disability

Dan Goodley <[log in to unmask]>

Dan Goodley <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Jan 2012 21:04:42 +0000

Comrades

Mark Rapley and I have agreed a contract with CUP to edit 'The Cambridge
Handbook of Qualitative Research in Intellectual Disability'. We are
currently in the process of choosing existing publications that capture  a
selection of specific qualitative methodologies used in intellectual
disability research. We aim to include publications that capture the
Theoretical Background and the Practical Application of a specific
qualitative approach. We are wanting to include one 'theory paper' and one
'application' paper for each of the following approaches:

.       Critical/historical documentary analyses
.       Ethnography
.       Ethnomethodology/ Conversation analysis
.       Interview
.       Narrative inquiry
.       Participatory
.       Emancipatory
.       Ethics, power and accountability

If you are interested in making a suggestion for either a theory or
application paper to be included in this handbook, please can you email
[log in to unmask] indicating (i) the specific qualitative approach from the list above (e.g.
ethnography); (ii) whether the paper is a theory or application publication;
(iii) provide the full reference of the publication. We are specifically
interested in journal articles that are already in the public domain. And, as
editors, we would take responsibility around seeking copyright permissions.

Best wishes and Happy New Year
Dan and Mark

Dr Dan Goodley
Professor of Psychology and Disability Studies
Manchester Metropolitan University
Department of Psychology
Manchester, M13 0JA
http://cdsmmu.posterous.com/
http://www.hpsc.mmu.ac.uk/psychology/
http://mmu.academia.edu/DanGoodley
http://post-blair.posterous.com/

Visiting Professor, University of Iceland
Visiting Professorial Fellow, University of New South Wales

Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website  http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer