ASLIB Training - Organizing Digital Information and Knowledge - places available
*** Apologies For Cross-Posting ***
There are a couple of places left on the ASLIB "Organizing Digital Information and Knowledge" workshop being held in London on 26 January 2012.
To book a place, please contact: Diane Heath, ASLIB Publications and Training Manager, E-mail: [log in to unmask], Tel: +44 (0) 1274 785090
Organizing information and knowledge for effective retrieval is vital, given the increasing importance of digital information – especially the internet and intranets – and of knowledge management. This course gives an overview of the most important tools for information organization, focusing on metadata formats, and on subject description tools, especially taxonomies and thesauri.
* Overview of information organization
* Ontologies, taxonomies, thesauri
* Knowledge organization on the internet
* Knowledge organization for knowledge management
On completing the course you will be able to:
* Understand the tools available for organizing information
* Evaluate and use metadata formats
* Evaluate and use taxonomies and thesauri
* Construct an outline information organization tool
Course fees: ASLIB Members £260 + VAT; Non-members £325 + VAT
Full course information at: http://aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?eventid=35
ASLIB members receive 20% on course fees.