*Apologies for cross-posting*
The Career Development Group (London and South East Divisions) would like to invite you to a Chartership and Certification event on Tuesday 21st February 2012, 2pm - 5pm at CILIP, 7 Ridgmount Street, London, WC1E 7AE.
This event considers the importance of continuous professional development, both in preparing for either Chartership or Certification, and throughout your career. It is aimed at those who have embarked on the Certification or Chartership process, or who are thinking about it. Michael Martin from CILIP's Qualifications and Professional Development Department will talk about the Chartership and Certification processes. There will be an introduction to the Career Development Group and the work of the Candidate Support Officers (CSOs) and the remainder of the session will consist of a portfolio workshop facilitated by Karen Poole, CSO for London & South East.
Cost: Free. Booking in advance is essential as places are limited.
* Improved understanding of how to progress towards the relevant qualification and what you will gain by doing so
* Awareness of the Regulations and assessment criteria
* An understanding of what constitutes a portfolio and why CILIP requires this for submission for its qualifications
* Ideas about how to construct a portfolio and the types of evidence that can be included in it
* An enhanced understanding of the benefits of Continuing Professional Development
* Awareness of the support networks and information available to help candidates
* Confidence to progress towards gaining a CILIP qualification successfully
E Hearing loop system installed. Check with venue whether in operation.
W Venue with un-stepped access via main or side door, wheelchair spaces and adapted toilet.
X Venue with flat or one-step access to event/meeting area.
G Provision for guide dogs.
How to get to CILIP: http://www.cilip.org.uk/contact-us/pages/map.aspx
To reserve a place on the course please complete and return the booking form below and send it to either of the following contact details (email preferred):
a) By e-mail: [log in to unmask]
b) By post: Karen Poole, King's College London, Room 1.14, New Hunt's House Library
Guy's Campus, London. SE1 1UL
Please reserve a place for me on the Chartership and Certification course.
Your CILIP Membership Number (if you are a CILIP member):
(see your membership card)
Please write YES next to the appropriate phrases:
* I am interested in Certification......
* I am not yet registered as a Certification Candidate......
* I am registered with CILIP as a Certification Candidate......
* I am interested in Chartership.......
* I am not yet registered as a Chartership Candidate......
* I am registered with CILIP as a Chartership Candidate......
The Career Development Group has been awarded the CILIP Seal of Recognition. All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. This event meets the requirements for an approved chartership/certification advisory course.
Karen Poole BA (Hons) MSc MCLIP
Information Specialist: Biomedical and Health
Research & Learning Liaison Team
King's College London
Room 1.14, New Hunt's House Library
London. SE1 1UL
Telephone: 020 7848 4620/ 6765
[log in to unmask]