JISC-REPOSITORIES Archives

JISC-REPOSITORIES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Monospaced Font

JISC-REPOSITORIES Home

JISC-REPOSITORIES  January 2012

JISC-REPOSITORIES January 2012

FW: An announcement for JISC research data management projects

Simon HODSON <[log in to unmask]>

Simon HODSON <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:35:11 +0000

The announcement below, of the 'Collaborations Workshop', to be held on 21-22 March at Queen’s College, Oxford, may be of interest to projects working to bring researchers together with developers to solve research problems.

Further information is available below and at the Collaborations Workshop website (www.software.ac.uk/cw12<http://www.software.ac.uk/cw12>).

Registration is open at (http://bit.ly/CW12Reg).

Sent on behalf of Simon Hettrick, Software Sustainability Institute.

----Announcement----

The Collaborations Workshop gets researchers and software developers working together to solve research problems. If you’re a researcher who wants to make more of software, or a developer who wants to work with researchers, the workshop is the perfect opportunity to meet new collaborators.

The Collaborations Workshop will be held on 21-22 March at Queen’s College, Oxford.

Registration is now open (http://bit.ly/CW12Reg).

For more information, visit the Collaborations Workshop website (www.software.ac.uk/cw12<http://www.software.ac.uk/cw12>).

Meet with researchers and software developers

A fresh perspective can help solve problems or come up with new ideas. The workshop brings together researchers from a wide range of disciplines, and software developers with experience of working for the research community. It is this variety of backgrounds that makes the workshop productive.

To see who’s attending, visit the website (http://bit.ly/CW12Attendees).

You control the agenda

The workshop is split into a series of discussion sessions. As a delegate, you can nominate topics for discussion: anything from a problem specific to your research, to an issue that affects the entire research community. We will then discuss the topic and try to find solutions.

To see the discussion topics that have been suggested so far, visit the website (http://bit.ly/CW12Topics).

Everything is flexible

Everything about the workshop is flexible. Delegates control what they talk about. If someone wants time to present results, time will be found. If more time is needed for a discussion, it will be added.

To see the agenda, visit the website (http://bit.ly/CW12Agenda).

Everything is open

Information on the planning of the workshop, the agenda items, the presentations, the reporting-back sessions, and post-workshop progress will all be available on the CW12 website.

More information

For more information, visit the Collaborations Workshop website (www.software.ac.uk/cw12<http://www.software.ac.uk/cw12>), or send us an email ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

The Software Sustainability Institute

The Software Sustainability Institute is a national facility for building better software. We are funded by the EPSRC, with additional funding from JISC, and are based at the universities of Edinburgh, Manchester and Southampton.

For more information, visit the Institute’s website (www.software.ac.uk<http://www.software.ac.uk>).

Sponsors

This year, our gold sponsor is Digital Social Research, which maximises the uptake, use and impact of new digital technologies across the social science community.

We are also sponsored by the SeIUCCR project, which is a network of Community Champions who advocate the use of e-Infrastructures in their research, and the DevCSI project, which helps software developers realise their full potential.

---
Simon Hettrick
The Software Sustainability Institute
(0)2380 598871

*****
Programme Website: http://bit.ly/jiscmrd2011-13
Community Discussion List: [log in to unmask]
Blog: http://researchdata.jiscinvolve.org/
Programme Tag: #jiscmrd
*****
Twitter, Skype: simonhodson99
Calendar: http://bit.ly/simonhodson99-calendar
*****
Dr Simon HODSON
Programme Manager – Managing Research Data
JISC Executive
Brettenham House (South Entrance)
5 Lancaster Place
London WC2E 7EN