On-line CPD

Jo Gakonga <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Jan 2012 00:15:03 +0000

Hi

As part of my MA, I’ve been developing a website www.elt-training.com to offer CPD to novice teachers and it is finally (after a lot of blood, sweat and late nights) up and running-  I hope that you  don’t mind me doing a bit of self-promotion here!

I’m offering FREE monthly teacher training presentations aimed at novice teachers (this month’s is on CPD using ICT and has a lot of links that I think are helpful). There is a small archive at the moment, but this will grow and hopefully be helpful, especially to teachers who are working in situations where they might get little CPD.

I’m also offering a grammar course which is mainly  aimed at pre-service teachers for those of you who are involved in training.  The course consists of 12 units, each having a 30 – 45 minute recorded presentation, a quiz and links for further reading.  The first five take the trainee through the parts of speech and verb tenses, mainly focusing on nomenclature (what is a countable noun, what is the present perfect tense etc) but also mentioning difficulties that learners have in these areas (eg raising awareness of the minefield that is article use).  The next seven units each take a ‘tricky’ area of grammar (eg the present perfect, the future) and explore it in more depth.

On the website there is a ‘Try before you buy’ option so that trainees can see a sample unit and decide if it’s for them but if you’d like to see the course, you can access the whole thing for free for the next week (until Monday 23rd January) using the following log in:

Username : user
Password: User!1

Thanks,

Jo Gakonga

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to