Help for CHILDREN-LITERATURE-UK Archives

CHILDREN-LITERATURE-UK Archives

CHILDREN-LITERATURE-UK Archives

children-literature-uk@jiscmail.ac.uk

CHILDREN-LITERATURE-UK Home

CHILDREN-LITERATURE-UK Home

CHILDREN-LITERATURE-UK  January 2012

CHILDREN-LITERATURE-UK January 2012

Re: Publishers' policies about book covers

Farah Mendlesohn <[log in to unmask]>

Academic discussion of all aspects of children's literature <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:57:01 +0000

I spoke to a horror seller who said he can predict sales by cover:

Points for a castle
lots of points for a scared looking woman
even more points for a scared looking woman with a bared midriff.

--
There is no such thing as a right time or a wrong time. There is only the
now. The future is made up of accumulated nows.