Help for ARCHIVES-NRA Archives

ARCHIVES-NRA Archives

ARCHIVES-NRA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARCHIVES-NRA Home

ARCHIVES-NRA  January 2012

ARCHIVES-NRA January 2012

JOB - WRVS Archive & Heritage Collection

Matthew McMurray <[log in to unmask]>

Matthew McMurray <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 31 Jan 2012 00:23:36 -0800

Dear All

Please find below details for a post at the WRVS Archive & Heritage Collection, which will not be advertised in ARC Recruitment.  Please use the contact details below for an application pack or visit the website to download one.

Cataloguing Co-ordinator . Ref J710
28 hrs per wk (Mon-Thurs) . 15,000 - 21,000 (pro rata)
24 month fixed term contract

WRVS is a leading voluntary organisation and charity, delivering services in local communities throughout the UK through the work of volunteers.  It is one of the largest voluntary organisations in British history, playing a pivotal role on the Home front in WWII and later helping to rebuild society, through pioneering schemes in the post war period and after.  Today its focus is on helping older people.

Our Archive & Heritage Collection, located in Devizes, Wiltshire, is one of the most important charity archives in the UK, awarded UK Memory of the World status by UNESCO in 2010.  The collection houses approximately 2 million documents, nearly 15,000 photographs and thousands of unique items of uniform, objects and ephemera, which chart the achievements and development of the organisation from its foundation in 1938 until the present day.

As part of our ongoing development programme, we are seeking a Cataloguing Co-ordinator to repackage and catalogue our WVS/WRVS Narrative Reports (which were awarded UNESCO UK Memory of the World status in 2010) and who will be responsible for members of the volunteer team.

You will have experience of working or volunteering in archives, be thorough and show attention to detail.  Have knowledge of appropriate professional standards and practices and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.

The appointment and salary will be dependent on experience.  We would encourage those currently undertaking post graduate qualification to apply.  Appointment at the lowest end of the bracket will also include training.

Interviews will take place on Thursday 8th March 2012 at the WRVS Archive & Heritage Collection, Devizes, Wiltshire.

For an application pack please contact 02920 739000 or visit www.wrvs.org.uk/jobs

Please return application forms to: WRVS Archive & Heritage Collection, Unit 1A, Bath Road Business Centre, Bath Road, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1XA or [log in to unmask]

Closing date: Tuesday 14th February 2012