Help for ALLSTAT Archives

ALLSTAT Archives

allstat@jiscmail.ac.uk

ALLSTAT Home

ALLSTAT  December 2011

ALLSTAT December 2011

Re: AQMeN Event: A New View of the Irish Famine through Geographic Information Science and Geographically Weighted Regression

William Stanbury <[log in to unmask]>

William Stanbury <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Dec 2011 18:17:32 +0100

Stimulating memories from my O level history lessons c30 years ago
(I'm not an expert here); could it be that there was more than one
famine that century? The British Empire back then wasn't especially
great at avoiding or managing famines, thinking of India as an
example.