LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  November 2011

LIS-LINK November 2011

HLG 2012: Got something to share?

Glover Stuart - Library Services Manager <[log in to unmask]>

Glover Stuart - Library Services Manager <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Nov 2011 14:26:32 +0000

Dear all,

A quick reminder that it is now just 3 weeks until the deadline to submit abstracts for the 2012 CILIP Health Libraries Group Conference.

As you will know the conference is being held at the Glasgow Science Centre on Thursday 12th and Friday 13th July and the theme will be: Health libraries under the microscope: perfecting your formula

The conference will seek to examine the current state of health librarianship in all sectors and to enable delegates to find the right formula for their setting in the future but in order to do this, we need your help. A conference is only as good as the abstracts submitted to it and so we would encourage you to consider what you could share with the your colleagues to help health librarianship go from strength to strength.

While we would encourage you to submit abstracts on any topic, we are giving 4 suggested strands as a starting point. These strands continue the scientific nature of the main theme but we want to make clear we are not expecting or insisting on a scientific feel to papers. The strands are:
- Anatomy of evidence-based practice
- Biology of library and information services
- Chemistry of collaboration and networking
- Physics of information technology use

For this conference, we are changing the way that abstracts are to be submitted. Please submit them using the online form that can be found  by going to the conference website http://www.uhl-library.nhs.uk/hlg2012  and clicking on 'Programme'.

The deadline for submissions is 30th November. All submissions will be acknowledged and we will try inform everyone of the outcome of their applications by the 31st December.

Use of the web form is the only way that abstracts can be considered for inclusion on the programme for HLG 2012, but other queries about the conference can be sent to the conference team by email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We have also set up a conference blog (http://hlg2012.blogspot.com<http://hlg2012.blogspot.com/>) which also contains details of the other ways that you can keep up-to-date on the latest conference news, and we are intending to make plenty of announcements in the weeks ahead so please use your preferred method to keep yourself informed.

Stuart Glover
Programme Lead

HLG 2012
Glasgow Science Centre
Thursday 12th & Friday 13th July 2012
"Health libraries under the microscope: perfecting your formula"

http://www.uhl-library.nhs.uk/hlg2012
http://hlg2012.blogspot.com<http://hlg2012.blogspot.com/>

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and / or privileged information and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) printed above. If you are not the addressee(s), any unauthorised review, disclosure, reproduction, other dissemination or use of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance upon the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please return to the sender. No guarantee can be given that the contents of this email are virus free - The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust cannot be held responsible for any failure by the recipient(s) to test for viruses before opening any attachments. The information contained in this e-mail may be the subject of public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 - unless legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. Copyright in this email and any attachments created by us remains vested in the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.