MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position is a 6-month temporary contract for a junior Bio-statistician or student internship within the Biometrics team in Medtronic Neuromodulation Europe.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Sr. Manager Biometrics, the bio-statistician is responsible of:
• Participating in designing clinical studies,
• Calculating the study sample size or study power,
• Writing the statistical section of clinical protocols,
• Writing statistical analysis plans,
• Programming statistical analyses with SAS,
• Writing statistical reports or the statistical sections of clinical reports.
In addition, the bio-statistician may have to participate in the validation of such works done by another bio-statistician.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION:
The position is offered
• either to a student preparing at least a Master degree in Statistics, with specialization in bio-statistics and preferably in clinical research (3rd year ISUP, ENSAI…). The internship must be part of a training agreement between the statistical school and Medtronic.
• or to a Junior Bio-statistician having the same but validated education level.
Essential requirements are:
• Good programming skill, including experience using SAS.
• Effective oral and written communication skills in English, which is the daily language in the company.
• Time organization skill and ability to work on several project together.
The position is based at Tolochenaz (Switzerland, Vaud).
The role ends 30 April 2012.
Proposed starting date is 1st November 2012.
Application by e-mail to Roland MARION-GALLOIS, Sr Manager Biometrics.
[log in to unmask]
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.