MISSINGPERSONS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MISSINGPERSONS Home

MISSINGPERSONS  November 2011

MISSINGPERSONS November 2011

US Research findings webcast

Lucy Holmes <[log in to unmask]>

Missing Persons Research inc. young runaways, unidentified bodies" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:48:57 +0000

Good morning all,

Just a quick email to let you know, if you didn't already, that the National Runaway Switchboard in Chicago are hosting a webcast this evening (1st Nov, 5.30pm UK time) to launch some new research findings.

Kickoff Webcast: Watch as National Runaway Switchboard kicks off National Runaway Prevention Month with a live webcast to present key findings from NRS' Runaway Youth Longitudinal Study; a study spanning 15 years which examines the characteristics of kids who run away from home and the long term impacts of runaway behavior on key outcomes in adulthood. Watch and participate in the panel discussion by joining NRS on USTREAM at 12:30 pm CST/1:30 pm EST.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/national-runaway-switchboard#utm_campaign=www.1800runaway.org&utm_source=9547059&utm_medium=social  The page helpfully has a countdown timer and a reminder button!

The webcast starts at 5.30pm UK time (6.30m Central European Time, 12.30pm CST, 1.30pm EST).  I'm gutted that I've got a clashing appointment, but hopefully it'll be available to see later.  The exec summary of findings is available here: http://www.1800runaway.org/assets/1/7/NRS_Longitudinal_Study_Executive_Summary-_FINAL.pdf

Hope this is of use to many of you,

Lucy