GIS Consultant, London
At LUC we are dedicated to conserving, protecting and enhancing the environment. LUC is one of the UK’s leading environmental consultancies, specialising in planning, design and management. Founded in 1966, we have over 100 employees based in London, Glasgow, Bristol and Edinburgh.
Our clients include a broad spectrum of private sector companies such as major energy and water companies, central and local government, government agencies and environmental bodies, professional institutions and trade associations.
About the role:
You will provide GIS input into planning and landscape management projects, including map production, digitising, data entry, geographic data analysis and reporting. This is a role which will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to develop and enhance their GIS skills in a consultancy environment.
If you have the following qualifications, skills and experience we would like to hear from you:
• GIS or related degree at a 2:1 or above;
• Practical (employment) experience of manipulating data in GIS, Access and Excel;
• Experience of ESRI software products, particularly ArcGIS 9.3/10 with spatial and 3D analyst extensions;
• Knowledge of other GIS software, CAD and/or graphics packages would be advantageous;
• An organized and effective approach to your work and an appetite for diverse projects;
• Experience/interest in reporting on your findings;
• Experience of applying GIS analysis to landscape, planning and wider environmental issues would be desirable.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary relative to experience.
How to apply:
For further details about the role and LUC please visit our website www.landuse.co.uk
To apply please send your CV, a covering letter and examples of your work quoting job reference number 2011-15 to Helen Ash, HR Manager at:
[log in to unmask]
LUC is an equal opportunities employer
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 18 November 2011
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: