An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and motivated individual with a couple years of experience (or even a recent graduate with demonstrable flair) to join an innovative, web mapping company based in central London. This is a great opportunity for a UX designer to further their career and play a key role in the development of user interfaces for the provision of spatial solutions.
Title of position
To produce and champion an exemplary user experiences for our online spatial solutions.
Key areas of responsibility
• Usability audit of existing assets
• Flows and Navigation Maps
• User stories or Scenarios for client and internal projects
• Site Maps and Content Inventory
• Graphic mockups & wireframes
• Excellent organisation skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Be able to lead teams through the design process and partner effectively within cross-functional teams
• Be innovative, enthusiastic, flexible and creative
• Know best practices for web-based information architecture, tool/app/UI interactions, and content delivery
• Be comfortable with ambiguity
• Working knowledge of XHTML/CSS
• Design flair an advantage
• Comfort with desktop design packages e.g. Dreamweaver, Photoshop
• Experience with developing websites is a benefit but not essential
• Understanding of GIS and its concepts is a benefit but not essential
Job Type: Part time or Permanent.
Rate: Salary up to 26k plus benefits (depending on experience)
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV, covering letter covering your design experiences and sample design portfolio to [log in to unmask]
Interview slots are available immediately
Only applicants with no restrictions to work in the UK will be considered.
Unfortunately we will not be able to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful.
JP Mapping is a recruitment consultant for this employer, the employer will directly contact any successful candidates.
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: