Help for ALLSTAT Archives

ALLSTAT Archives

allstat@jiscmail.ac.uk

ALLSTAT Home

ALLSTAT  November 2011

ALLSTAT November 2011

JOB: Restricted vacancy - Researcher in Epidemiology and Statistics, 12 month maternity cover

Suzanne Hodgson <[log in to unmask]>

Suzanne Hodgson <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:58:27 +0000

Researcher in Statistics and Epidemiology
(12 months fixed term contract or secondment - maternity cover)
Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority
Salary: 32 - 34,000 per annum (plus benefits, including: 27.5 days annual leave, entry into the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme (PCSPS) and childcare vouchers)
London, EC1

***Please note that due to current government restrictions, this vacancy is only open to staff currently employed by the NHS, Department of Health, associated Arm's Length Bodies, NDPB's or any other Civil Service organisation. This vacancy is not open to other external candidates at this time***
If you have a background in statistics or epidemiology, we are looking to recruit a full time or part time (minimum 3 days per week) Researcher to cover a period of maternity leave. Working as part of the Business Intelligence team, within our Strategy and Information Directorate, you will be responsible for enhancing the HFEA's analytical, statistical and information capacity. You will research, write and publish a set of publications, aimed at lay readers, that set out what the extensive data the HFEA holds about fertility treatments in the UK can tell us about the safety, efficacy and use of cutting edge medical and scientific practices in the UK.
You will need to be able to liaise effectively with technical colleagues, internal and external users of the information (the Policy and Inspection team, but also researchers, clinic staff and patients), with management and the Authority itself.
The successful candidate will educated to degree level or equivalent, with a background in statistics or epidemiology. Ideally, you should have experience of working with sensitive or confidential data sets and of working with Committees. It would be an advantage to understand the regulation of research involving patient data and to have worked with high profile researchers or national research institutions. We would expect you to be able to write well and to have excellent IT skills.
This post is full-time (36 hours), but we would consider part-time applications, with a minimum commitment of 3 days per week. Home working, where it doesn't involve patient identifying information, is a possibility. Flexible working arrangements that still ensure our business needs are met will be considered.
For a full job description and person specification, please see our website: www.hfea.gov.uk/129.html<http://www.hfea.gov.uk/129.html>.  To apply for this post, please complete the equalities monitoring form and send a copy of your CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the requirements in the person specification to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Alternatively you can post a copy of your application to HR, HFEA, Finsbury Tower, 103-105 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8HF
Closing date: 29th November 2011
Suzanne Hodgson
Researcher in Statistics and Epidemiology

Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority
Finsbury Tower
103-105 Bunhill Row
London EC1Y 8HF

Web address: www.hfea.gov.uk<http://www.hfea.gov.uk/>

"CONFIDENTIALITY

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information. The information in this email, and any attached documents, is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, any use of this information, and any attached documents, is unauthorised and prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please inform the sender immediately, and do not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it."

SIGNOFF allstat