Help for ACCESSIBUILT Archives

ACCESSIBUILT Archives

ACCESSIBUILT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ACCESSIBUILT Home

ACCESSIBUILT  November 2011

ACCESSIBUILT November 2011

Re: Question from UCD, University, Dublin, Ireland

Ian Waterman <[log in to unmask]>

Accessibuilt list <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:19:14 -0000

Hello Jane,

A strip similar to what you speak of can sometimes be found in police
holding cells or interview rooms.....
and, although I have never seen it, I believe a strip is used in some
European countries in preference to a red cord.....
A strip around the room would certainly resolve the age old issue of alarm
cord placement.....
If anyone is aware of an strip alarm installation in the UK, particularly if
it is in a hotel or other public area, I would really be grateful for the
details....

With regard to a standard provision, it is safest to follow adm
guidance.....
But, if it is a bespoke facility the requirements of the individual is the
guideline for placement.....

Regards

Ian
Access Matters