Help for LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  October 2011

LIS-LINK October 2011

Introducing the new Zetoc service beta version.

Norma Williams <[log in to unmask]>

Norma Williams <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 3 Oct 2011 08:27:51 +0100

Apologies for cross postings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear colleagues

We would like to let you know of the new beta version of the Mimas Zetoc
service following recent work covering:

Re-Engineering, Software application + New branding

Firstly,  the Zetoc database has been re-engineered and all the data
loaded afresh from the British Library - amounting to the management of
over 45 million records. Corrections have been applied, duplicates
deleted and additional Abstracts have now been added - now found from
the commencement of coverage in 1993, rather than 1999 as with the
current service.

The application itself has been redeveloped to work with the new
database, but also to facilitate those enhancement requests (that we
love to receive) enabling us to improve functionality in a much more
timely fashion.

Last but not least is the new branding - we do hope you like the new
look of your service. Hopefully you may also spot some improved display
changes - one of which is the relocation of the 'Full text options' on
the Full Record page to the top of the screen rather than the bottom -
one of the most popular requests received here at Zetoc Support.

Just as a reminder, Zetoc is one of the world's most comprehensive
research databases, giving you access to over 28,000 journals (of which
over 21,500 are current), 45 million article citations and conference
papers through the British Library's electronic table of contents.

We really would appreciate receiving your feedback - good or bad - so
please let us know what you think.

The current version of Zetoc will be around for a while and there will
be changes to bring the beta version fully up to date - just a few
things e.g. current stats pages and Zetoc Alerts are not available in
the beta yet, but we have a Zetoc beta page with FAQ at:
http://beta.zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/betafaq.html
which we will keep up to date with all the latest information and
schedule of release.

Please note if your IP address isn't recognised, you may be redirected
back to the current Zetoc service following authentication.

The Zetoc service beta version home page is at:
http://beta.zetoc.mimas.ac.uk/

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Norma