Please could you bring this to the attention of any statistics PhD students in the latter half of their PhD studies. Please note that there is a relatively tight deadline of Friday 23rd September 2011 for applications.
The Quantitative Sciences division within GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is inviting a limited number of statistics PhD students to attend and present a poster at an internal one-day conference on Thursday 13th October 2011 at the GSK Stockley Park site in Uxbridge, Middlesex. The conference will consist of plenary and parallel sessions, with a dedicated one-hour poster session to highlight recent work and issues relating to pharmaceutical statistics and programming. We expect 100-200 GSK statisticians and other staff to attend.
WHAT IS ON OFFER
An opportunity to learn more about statistical opportunities at GSK:
* Invitation to meet statisticians working at GSK in a variety of roles, over an informal dinner the evening before the day of the conference and during the conference itself;
* Attendance at the one day conference with the opportunity to contribute a poster of your own PhD work, or of work relevant to a statistical, pharmaceutical audience;
* Reimbursement of UK travel expenses and overnight accommodation;
* Invitation to the evening social event after the conference to be held at Stockley Park.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Students should be in the latter half of their PhD, or have completed their PhD in the last 12 months, and be interested in learning about statistical opportunities within a large pharmaceutical company. Priority will be given to students who wish to contribute a poster to the conference.
Please respond by Friday 23rd September via e-mail to Misbah Ahmed, at
[log in to unmask]
Please include the following details:
* Your thesis title with a half-page synopsis of your PhD
* The estimated completion date of your PhD
* A half-page abstract of your proposed poster for display at the conference
* Your reason(s) for wishing to attend the conference
* Your university and supervisor's name.
(Posted by Peter Lane, Quantitative Sciences Division, GSK R&D)
This e-mail was sent by GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited
(registered in England and Wales No. 1047315), which is a
member of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies. The
registered address of GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited
is 980 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9GS.
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.