A simple programming problem

David Pitfield <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:34:28 +0100

Dear All

I had a basic program from years ago that performed assignment simulation using gwbasic. This will not work on Windows 7.

I have recompiled the program in a different basic compiler that works in Windows 7 and using READ statements and DATA statements I have got the program to run.

I am now trying to substitute READ for INPUT statements so that the data can be entered interactively.

I now find that INPUT in a simple nested FOR statement will not give results as it never seems to read to the end of the array.

How can it work with READ and DATA statements and not with INPUT?

Please forward if you think you know someone that can help

Mystified

Dr David Pitfield AcSS
Senior Lecturer and Programme Director
Transport Studies Group
Room RT108
School of Civil and Building Engineering
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Leicestershire LE11 3TU
UK