A few words about DESIRE'11, the Second International Conference on Creativity and Innovation in Design:
Written abstracts for posters and exhibits are due next week, on 16th September (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=desire11)
Registration is open at http://www.eventure-online.com/eventure/welcome.do?type=participant&congress=17_DES11 (150 EUR for the full conference, 50 EUR for workshops/tutorials only)
Our provisional schedule is online (http://desireconference.wordpress.com/programme/) and the full CFP can be found below.
The organisation committee
DESIRE'11: Creativity and Innovation in Design
Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
October 19, 2011 - October 21, 2011
The DESIRE Network is pleased to announce the Second International Conference on Creativity and Innovation in Design, to be held in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, on 19 - 21 October 2011.
The conference theme of the first DESIRE conference, held in Aarhus, Denmark, on 16 - 17 August 2010 (https://conference.cbs.dk/index.php/desire/conference), was theories and models of creative processes in design. The theme of this second DESIRE conference is theory and practice of creative processes in design. Full papers and workshop proposals are invited on the following topics:
* Methods, tools and techniques for supporting creative design processes
* Methods, tools and techniques for observing and studying creative design processes
* Design cases illustrating the role of creativity in design
* Theoretical insights into creative design processes in design and related domains
* Visions on teaching & research in creative design
* Creativity by teams, organizations, and communities
* Representations supporting creative design
* Understanding the social and psychological aspects of design work
* Social and cultural theories of design work
This conference is organized In-Cooperation with ACM and papers and workshop/tutorial materials will be published in the ACM library. (We shall publish a supplementary proceedings with poster/exhibit materials.) Keynote speakers are Marc Hassenzahl and Linda Candy.
Conference registration costs 150 EUR. The conference is organized by the DESIRE Network (www.desirenetwork.eu) funded by the European Commission. The network aims to advance the current understanding of creative processes applied in scientific and technological design.
The conference takes place just prior to the 10th edition of the Dutch Design Week, the major annual venue to experience Dutch design in all its facets (see www.dutchdesignweek.nl/index.php?lang=en). This year's Dutch Design Week lasts 9 days, has 300 events spread over 60 locations throughout the town of Eindhoven, and is expected to draw over 100.000 visitors.
Authors are invited to submit their papers through the conference website. www.desire11.id.tue.nl Submissions for all categories should be formatted using the ACM SIGCHI publications format (http://www.sigchi.org/chipubform/). Contributions are invited in the following categories:
* Workshop position papers by 1st September
* Posters (max 4 pages) and exhibits (max 2 pages) by 16th September
* Jean Bernard Martens, Panos Markopoulos (general chairs)
* Sara Jones, Mike Eisenberg (full papers)
* Evangelos Karapanos (short papers)
* Corina Sas (doctoral consortium)
* Clare Hooper (posters and communications chair)
* Ingrid Mulder, Aaron Houssian (workshops and tutorials)