TRS Staffing are one of the UK’s leading suppliers of personnel into the Renewable Energy industry. Our client, a major developer in the UK offshore wind market, is looking for a GIS technician to join their team on a permanent basis based in their head offices in Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Geographical Information System (GIS) support to offshore wind farm development, engineering, construction and O&M activities.
The role will involve:
• Production of controlled drawings for internal and external issue, this will include development and survey layouts, engineering design and as built drawings for construction and O&M
• Receive, review and store consultant provided GIS data
• Creation of metadata and uploading to statutory body websites
Ideally you will have:
• GIS track record, including proficiency with standard GIS applications and data layers
• Application of UK marine datasets
• Good knowledge of data issues; awareness of different coordinates systems
• Digital cartographic and map production skills and use of Spatial Analyst extension
• Relevant experience with AutoCAD
• Ability to develop and maintain databases
• A recognised qualification in Geographical Information Systems, geomatics, or equivalent professional experience
• Professional experience of ESRI ArcGIS software
You will not only receive a competitive salary, but also the security of employment within a highly successful organisation that values its staff and offers an excellent working environment and development prospects.
To apply for this opportunity, please e-mail a cover letter and CV to: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: