Please find attached details of an exciting opportunity that we are currently looking to fill within SLR Consulting. Interested parties are requested to send a full CV and covering note to [log in to unmask] as directed at the foot of this message. Please note no agency submissions at this stage.
Senior Recruitment Advisor
Position: GIS Group Manager
Location: Any UK Office
Salary: Competitive basic, excellent benefits package inc car allowance, pension, healthcare and more
Hours: 37.5 per week Monday-Friday
SLR is a leading international environmental consultancy with an unrivalled reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland. South Africa and the USA,
we provide advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific environmental issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
SLR specialises in the energy, waste management, planning & development, industrial, mining & minerals and financial & professional services. We also provide expert sustainability advice that spans across all of these sectors.
We are currently looking to recruit a GIS Specialist to take on the role as GIS Group Manager for the UK business. The successful individual will have responsibility for the growth and development of SLR’s GIS capabilities and business both as an internal service as well as an external consulting discipline offered by the company. This individual will be expected to have formal qualifications and professional member ship(s) in relevant subjects/areas and must be pro-active in developing staff and promoting the use of GIS both internally and to clients.
Presently, SLR have 3-4 dedicated GIS specialists, with many more GIS trained staff working within our technical disciplines so the role offers fantastic potential to develop a busy and successful team within an established consultancy
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The individual will be expected to operate from any of the existing SLR offices in the UK and work closely with the CAD/GIS Technical Discipline Manager in developing this sector within the company.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
-Responsibility for managing the existing GIS team (3-4 personnel);
-Growth and development of the team as the business requires;
-Working closely with other technical disciplines who have GIS trained staff;
-Development of quality assurance systems for the delivery of GIS output;
-Management of licenses and acquire new software and licences as required by the business;
-Assisting in promoting and sharing of GIS systems with SLR’s international offices (US, Canada, Australia, South Africa)
-Development of working relationship with other Technical Disciplines to supply GIS services;
-Understanding the needs of existing (external) clients to promote GIS and SLR services;
-Developing new external clients through proposals and business development in general;
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE :
- Have experience in managing staff including mentorship, co-ordinating training and development, and managing workloads.
- Be able to bring technical skills which shall improve the range and type of current and future projects which SLR are and likely to engage in;
- Have a demonstrable record of business development;
- Have expert working knowledge of the ESRI suite of GIS products including ArcGIS Server, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Network Analyst and ArcObjects;
- Experience of using a programming language to develop bespoke GIS solutions for internal and external clients;
- Have a substantial and proven track record of technical, project and commercial management within GIS, ideally within a consulting environment
- Have experience in data management of GIS information;
- Knowledge or experience of the following packages and technologies: FME, MapInfo, Java, Visual Basic, Python, relational database design.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP :
- Degree Trained in GIS or related discipline
- Chartered/Incorporated membership in a relevant professional body such as the AGI;
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
Capable of achieving deadlines;
Be able to project manage own projects;
Have high personal standards;
Willing to learn and adapt, and overall keen to develop own personal profile;
Have an interest in mentoring and managing others;
Be capable of dealing with difficult situations and problem solving until a desired outcome is achieved;
Have good communication skills and understand the need to maintain communications with staff and clients; and
Be willing to travel as required to meet Clients, Staff, work colleagues etc as required to help promote GIS and the business.
UK Driving Licence
To apply for this position, please submit your CV together with current salary details to Human Resources:
[log in to unmask]
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team on the above email address.
DATE POSTED: September 2011
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: