TB-SUPPORT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

TB-SUPPORT Home

TB-SUPPORT  July 2011

TB-SUPPORT July 2011

Re: myproxy/VOMS and FTS

Stephen Burke <[log in to unmask]>

Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:09:02 +0000

Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes [mailto:TB-
> [log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christopher J. Walker said:
> T2K are having problems using myproxy with FTS when transfers take
> place
> after the expiry of the original certificate (see GGUS 72358 and 67905
> which looks to have been incorrectly considered as solved).

Hmm ... I should say that my knowledge of the FTS is limited, but after a quick look at this I think the basic problem is that the way the FTS treats proxy renewal has changed and the documentation hasn't caught up, probably because the FTS developers are assuming that only the LHC experiments use it and it's only experts who need to know about it because it's buried inside their frameworks. I think that FTS now manages proxies in a similar way to the WMS, with an internal service that manages renewal, and the method with myproxy passwords only works with SEs which don't require VOMS attributes. I would suggest that someone submits a GGUS ticket asking for precise instructions on how to submit FTS transfers in such a way that VOMS credentials get renewed and presented to the SE.

Stephen