Exciting DataCite news below!
DataCite includes a good number DC properties, and there is work underway w/the DC-SAM community to build a relationship between these groups.
Best wishes, jane
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Vision, Todd J
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 8:11 AM
To: Dryad Group
Subject: [Wg-digitaldata] New DataCite metadata schema version
The new metadata schema version 2.2 is online. It is still possible to use version 2.1, but please announce the new version to your datacenters.
All versions' documentations, XSD and XML samples can be accessed via http://schema.datacite.org. You may directly access the new version through http://schema.datacite.org/meta/kernel-2.2/index.html.
The following updates were made:
* Addition of "URL" to list of allowed values for relatedIdentifierType.
* Addition of the following values to list of allowed values for contributorType: Producer, Distributor, RelatedPerson, Supervisor, Sponsor, Funder, RightsHolder.
* Addition of "SeriesInformation" to list of allowed values for descriptionType.
* Addition of "Model" to list of allowed values for resourceTypeGeneral.
* Provision of more examples of xml for different types of objects.
* Explanation of the PublicationYear property in consideration of the requirements of citation.
* A change to the definition of the Publication property, which now reads, "The name of the entity that holds, archives, publishes, prints, distributes, releases, issues, or produces the resource. This property will be used to formulate the citation, so consider the prominence of the role."
DOI-Registrierung // DataCite
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) // German National Library of Science and Technology Welfengarten 1b, 30167 Hannover
Tel.: +49 511 762 9352 // E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Wg-digitaldata mailing list
[log in to unmask]