Help for MOONSHOT-COMMUNITY Archives

MOONSHOT-COMMUNITY Archives

MOONSHOT-COMMUNITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MOONSHOT-COMMUNITY Home

MOONSHOT-COMMUNITY  July 2011

MOONSHOT-COMMUNITY July 2011

[UI] Error case in the identity provisioning take II

Maria Turk <[log in to unmask]>

Moonshot community list <[log in to unmask]>, Maria Turk <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 1 Jul 2011 16:44:43 +0100

This conversation accidentally dropped offline but here are the main points.

1.  We need to find a way to allow for the association of the service to
an ID Card.
2.  We need to make sure that this association is easily removed when
there is an error

My proposed solutions so far is to ask the user if they want to create
an association when all goes well.  If anything is wrong no association
occurs.  If there already is an association and something goes wrong
then all associations are removed.

Sam H doesn't like the idea of presenting the user with a dialog to
create the association.  He thinks it's a better idea to create the
association automatically.  My issue with this solution is the use case
where the user has many IDs for a given service and doesn't want to
associate any ID with a service.  Basically always wants to be asked.

That's the conversations so far.  Comments are more than welcome.

Maria