Help for LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  July 2011

LIS-E-RESOURCES July 2011

Problem journal transfers: Your examples wanted (off-list)

Elizabeth Winter <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:30:19 -0400

*Cross posted*

As co-chair of the Transfer Working Group, which aims to improve the process when journals transfer publishing arrangements, I'm doing a little anecdotal investigation of recent "problem transfers."

If you have an example of a title or set of titles that recently transferred publishing arrangements and caused problems for your institution, I'd like to hear from you **OFF-LIST** at [log in to unmask] The more you can tell us about the situation, the better. For example: Which publisher(s)/society(ies) were involved? What was the nature of the problem (lost online access for some period of time; holdings did not transfer properly to new publisher; access to backfile content did not transfer; had difficulty determining what you had/should have had access to; lost access permanently due to a consortial or "big deal" transfer situation; etc.)? How was it resolved? What actions were taken? What do you think would have improved the process for your organization?

Your responses will only be shared within the Transfer WG's members, to give us some specific examples for discussion so that we can improve the Code of Practice. The idea is that the more we know about where, when, and why the problems are occurring, the better we can tailor the Code to meet the needs of all parties involved (libraries, societies, publishers, intermediaries, etc.). We are NOT trying to "name and shame" particular entities, so repeating, if you have an example, please contact me **OFF-LIST.**

To sign up for the Transfer alerting service and be notified of forthcoming title transfers, please visit http://www.uksg.org/transfer/notifications

More about Transfer can be found at http://www.uksg.org/transfer

Many thanks for your assistance,
Elizabeth Winter