Help for JISC-RSC-LONDON-HE Archives

JISC-RSC-LONDON-HE Archives

JISC-RSC-LONDON-HE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

JISC-RSC-LONDON-HE Home

JISC-RSC-LONDON-HE  July 2011

JISC-RSC-LONDON-HE July 2011

Feedback on the JISC Design Studio - request for reviewers

Evan Dickerson <[log in to unmask]>

Evan Dickerson <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:19:08 +0100

* Forwarded on behalf of Marianne Sheppard, JISC infoNet *

Dear Colleagues,
Please find details below of an opportunity to provide feedback on the JISC Design Studio.  We’d like to encourage participation from JISC Advance staff as well as those within your various networks.

The JISC Design Studio (http://bit.ly/jiscds) is a developing online toolkit which draws together a range of existing and emergent resources around curriculum design and delivery and the role technology plays in supporting these processes and practices. In particular the Design Studio provides access to project outputs from the JISC Curriculum Design (www.jisc.ac.uk/curriculumdesign) and Curriculum Delivery (www.jisc.ac.uk/curriculumdelivery) programmes as they are developed and will continue to be sustained as an active resource after the programmes finish.   There are a range of practical resources within the Design Studio including case studies, how-to-guides, videos etc together with themed pages which draw these together in particular contexts.  These can support a range of users in particular curriculum teams and the managers and support staff of the enabling systems that support their work.  To find out more about the Design Studio visit http://bit.ly/jiscdsabout.

The Design Studio has been in development for the last two years and is being supported by JISC infoNet (www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk) on behalf of JISC Advance.  With a significant number of resources now available including the completed outputs from the JISC Curriculum Delivery programme, we would like to gain feedback from a range of users on the value of the resource and its current structure and content.  This will help inform how we take forward future developments to best meet the needs of users.

We are looking for reviewers representing different types of user to help us with this review . The review will involve completing an online feedback form based around 2 online search tasks as well as a more generic set of questions around the resource.  The whole exercise should take around 45 minutes and can be completed in your own time.

If you are interested in participating, please complete your details at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/jiscds by 5pm on Friday August 26th, 2011.   Depending on the range of responses we receive we may select reviewers to provide a representative sample of users.  Those who have already expressed their interest will automatically be selected.  Selected reviewers will be informed by September 3rd together with details of the review process which will be open until 30th September 2011.  Unfortunately we are unable to recompense you for your input but greatly appreciate your interest and time in contributing to the development of this resource.

If you have any queries, please email me.
Kind regards,
Marianne

Marianne Sheppard
Researcher/Analyst, JISC infoNet www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/about-the-service/contact
Office: +44 (0)191 243 8466
Mobile: + 44 (0) 7540 272029
Skype: mflsheppard

JISC infoNet is a JISC Advance service hosted by Northumbria University