The above one day course takes place on the 30th Nov 2011 @ Medical
Research Council Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge,
* Explain the problems of missing data in mental health studies.
* Introduce some statistical analysis methods that can be used to
deal with missing in;
o the outcome variables (with a focus on randomised trials)
o the covariates (with a focus on observational studies)
* Demonstrates the steps involved in carrying out relevant analyses
* Give participants an awareness of the assumptions underlying
various analysis approaches and their limitations
* Mental health researchers needing to analyse incomplete data
* Should be familiar with running Stata from the command line (i.e.
not using menus) at least to the level of fitting a regression
model to complete data.
* No prior knowledge of missing data methods is assumed
* Participants should bring their own laptop computer with Stata
version 10 or 11 (NOT VERSION 8)
* Ian White - MRC Biostatistics Unit
* Sabine Landau - Institute of Psychiatry
For further details and to register please use the link below.
Event Organiser/Unit Secretary
IPH Forvie Site
Tel: 01223 330366 - Direct Line
01223 760727 - second line
Fax: 01223 330365
Email: [log in to unmask]
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.