Call for Papers
The First International Conference on Religious Tourism
(Theoretical principles, techniques & challenges)
At the present century, tourism is considered one of the major sources for security, economic, and cultural developments. Since the Islamic countries possess 70% of the historical heritage and human civilization, they enjoy a great potential capacity for taking this opportunity. Hence, the year 2010 is entitled as the year of religious tourism by the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC).
Due to reinforcing, popularizing, and promoting the convergency and unity in the Islamic world, creating an atmosphere of good understanding and peaceful coexistence among Muslims, expanding the culture of pilgrimage and enjoying its benefits, and considering the key and fundamental role of Iran in reviving the historical and religious tourism, the first international conference on Religious Tourism is being held by the Astan Quds Razavi Organization in cooperation with the Islamic Culture and Relations Organization, and the Ahlul Bayt (A.S) World Assembly in the holy city of Mashhad, the spiritual capital of our country and one of the biggest pilgrimage and tourist attractions of the world. The conference will be organized on Sept. 29, 2011.
The Pivots of the Conference
A- Research and theoretical pivots
1. Religious tourism in the light of the Qur'anic verses and narrations and from the point of view of Muslim biographers and travelers
2. Identifying and clarifying the nature and effects of the religious tourism considering its increasing importance in the world of Islam
3. Identifying and clarifying the legal and jurisprudent prescripts of tourism through considering the Islamic religions' views
4. Clarifying the true philosophy of pilgrimage, promoting and deepening its culture through considering its role in the Islamic unity and convergency
5. The role of the Islamic tourism in introducing the true face of Islam to the world and opposing superstition, distortion, and destruction of Islam by the superpowers
6. Identifying the capacities and capabilities of religious and pilgrimage premises and learning how to greatly benefit from them in the Islamic world
7. Clarifying the leading role of the holy city of Mashhad because of holding the pole position in the religious tourism in the world of Islam and the role of the historical and cultural heritage of Khorasan in attracting tourists
8. Identifying the role of the Astan Quds Razavi in deepening and promoting the religious tourism
9. The role, quality and importance of the academic education in promoting and developing the religious tourism in various dimensions
10. The role of the religious tourism in promoting convergency, unity and
cultural transition in the Islamic world
11. The role of art and mass media propagation as well as the information
and communication technology in popularizing the religious tourism
12. The role of pilgrimage and tourism in developing and deepening practical pivots
13. Preserving Islamic and historic monuments and historical art works, and
their role in promoting religious tourism
B: Practical Pivots
1. Finding approaches and strategies for attracting tourists and the way of dealings with them and developing fundamental pivots
2. The quality of the cooperation among the organizations and institutions who concern in tourism specially the religious tourism
3. Examining the vulnerability of the religious tourism in the Islamic countries and benefiting from the experiences of the Islamic world
4. Clarifying the approaches for facilitating the traveling of pilgrims and tourists among Islamic countries legally and politically
5. Cultural diplomacy and its role in expanding pilgrimage culture
6. Identifying the human source of the religious tourism
7. Suggesting approaches for upholding the Islamic values and better communication with tourists
8. Approaches for expanding the pilgrimage culture in the Islamic communities
The quantities and qualities of the dispatched papers & the deadline
- We let you know the result in written until Jul. 11, 2011 and through the site (www.imamrezashrine.com) as well.
- The original copy of the papers along with the abstract and a CD containing its computer file (with the suffix .doc) should be dispatched to the following address:
Secretariat of the conference:
P.O.Box: 91375-3131, Islamic Relations Office and Foreign Pilgrims' Affairs,
Jomhoori Islami Courtyard, the Holy Shrine, Mashhad, Islamic Republic of Iran.
The papers can be sent through e-mail as well:
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
- The papers should be in Persian or one of the international languages such as Arabic, English, Russian or French.
- The papers should be consisted of the title, abstract, key words, the main body (the introductory, body and conclusion paragraphs) and bibliography as well.
- The themes of the dispatched papers must be related to the main pivots and subjects of the conference.
- The number of pages (of each paper) should not go beyond 16.
- The abstract of the papers should not go beyond 300 words and the deadline for dispatching will be until Jul. 1, 2011.
- The deadline for dispatching the original copy of papers in case of the acceptance of the abstract by the scientific board will be until Jul. 31, 2011.
- The authors of the best papers will be the guests of the Islamic Relations Office and Foreign Pilgrims' Affairs on the day of conference and their papers will be compiled in a book later on. The papers chosen by the scientific board will be presented in the public assembly of the conference.
- The attached paper with the personal details (first name, last name, father's name, age, education, correct postal address, P.O.Box, telephone number, e-mail) of the paper presenter should be dispatched to the Secretariat of the Conference.
- The enthusiasts can send us their suggestions through the above-mentioned postal address.
- For further information, please contact +98-511-2213474 & 2259090.
The Religious Tourism Conference
The Astan Quds Razavi,
The Islamic Culture and Relations Organization,
and the Ahlul Bayt (A.S) World Assembly
in the holy city of Mashhad on Sept. 29, 2011
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
The Secretariat of the Intel Conference on Religious Tourism